Our favourite features…
SpyPoint Force 10…
The SpyPoint Force 10 camera trap is an affordable and smart little unit. The Force 10 captures very high quality 10MP images and 720p HD video. This camera has been incredibly popular in the United States due to its fantastic speed and battery life coupled with its reliability and the quality of its captures.
Battery life, from 6x AA lithium batteries (not included), will be a very long time under normal usage. If taking photos, you can expect comfortably over a year’s battery life from this camera – it is one of the most power efficient camera traps available today.
The SpyPoint Force 10 also has a very fast trigger speed – approx 0.3 seconds for photos and around 1 second for video.
The SpyPoint Force 10 also has a host of other very impressive features. 10MP stills are excellent quality, and the HD video is good. As with all SpyPoint camera traps, you can feel that there is a lot going on under-the-hood in the Force 10 – its intuitive and pleasant to use. Features like a 60 second countdown (see pictures above) on the screen once you tell the camera to start, which if you then press ‘OK’ reduces to 10 seconds, demonstrate this.
The Spypoint Force 10 trail camera also has a curved motion sensor which improves the detection angle and detecting distance of its five detection zones.
SpyPoint Force 10 features:
- 10MP high-quality full colour resolution still images
- High-quality HD Video – 1280 x 720 pixels
- 42 Low-Glow LEDs
- Built-in 2″ colour screen (configuration only – not for media viewing)
- 0.3 second trigger speed (photos)
- Programmable trigger interval: Instant to 30 min.
- Multi-image mode: 1-6 images per trigger
- Video length: 10 second to 90 seconds, programmable
- Time-lapse mode
- Time stamp on photos – Temp (C or F), date, time and moonstamp
- PIR sensor is motion activated out to 60′
- Adjustable web belt and 1/4-20 socket
- SD card slot – up to 32GB (not included)
- 6x AA batteries (not included)
- 2 year warranty (UK – 1 year International)
For full specs, click the tab above.
SpyPoint camera traps have been around for a while now, and have developed year on year. They are a Canadian-based company, and all of their trail cameras are tested in the harsh Canadian winter before release.
There are currently several models of SpyPoint cameras, with a release of 4 cameras in summer 2019, all of which fit in at different places in the market. SpyPoint has also turned in the last few years to specialise in cellular camera traps that send photos in near-real time. This culminated with the release of the innovative Link-Micro in May 2019.
The non-wireless trail cameras are:
- Force 20 – an entry level, affordable little camera with strong features and excellent night-time video
- Force Dark – a mid-market camera trap with industry-leading trigger times (particularly for photos) and selectable low-glow or no-glow LED options
- Solar Dark – the only camera trap with a solar panel built in. Potentially unlimited battery life, especially when paired with an initial set of lithium batteries. The same trigger speeds as the Force Dark too and control over low-glow or no-glow LEDs
The wireless trail cameras, all using the Telefonica (o2, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile etc) network and locked to the SIM Card they are provided with, are:
- Link Micro – an innovative, small and affordable wireless trail camera. No frills but a great way to access an app-based, 4G wireless trail camera
- Link-Evo – their basic, full featured 4G wireless trail camera. Slightly faster trigger speeds than the Link-Micro and more options in the app
- Link-Dark – best suited for security applications thanks to its no-glow LEDs. 4G and fast photo transmission, with the fastest trigger speeds available.
- Link-S – Essentially a Link-Dark with a solar panel on the top – perfect if the camera needs to be left in-situ for long periods of time
The wireless cameras also come with free 28 days of initial unlimited use. If you don’t choose one of the paid plans after that point, it reverts to a free 100 photos a month plan. They are all controlled via an app available on iOS and Android, and also online via myspypoint.com.
The trigger speeds of these cameras are all really good, and battery life is great. If they’re some of the main things that you are looking for, then SpyPoint might be for you.
It also feels like there is a bit more going on in a SpyPoint camera – they feel cleverer than the average. The detection zones are broken up into 5 areas to ensure a better result, screens display countdown timers when you turn the camera on, and fast release clips help you take the camera off it’s backing quickly and conveniently.
All come with a 2 year UK warranty when bought through NatureSpy, as an official UK dealer. If you need to ask any questions at all about SpyPoint or any other camera trap we do, just get in touch.
These pictures are from SpyPoint;