Bushnell Equinox Z 4.5×40 Monocular
The Bushnell 4.5×40 Equinox Z Night Digital Vision Monocular is an affordable, easy to use and versatile night vision unit. The Equinox Z 4.5×40 uses an infrared-sensitive CMOS sensor and a micro LCD screen, instead of a conventional intensifier tube, for its night vision capabilities.
A built-in IR illuminator provides an effective night vision range of up to 500′. A handy side rail enables accessories, like another illuminator, to be attached directly to the monocular. The screen displays color images during the day, and black and white when the night vision is on for greater clarity and contrast.
Enhancing the Equinoz Z’s optical 4.5x magnification is a digital zoom to provide up to 13.5x magnification. The Bushnell Equinox Z 4.5×40 also captures video and still images in 640×480 resolution, and saves them to an optional micro-SD card in the built-in card slot (supports cards up to 32GB). A switch on the bottom of the monocular lets you quickly switch from video to still images. A USB port lets you transfer the files to a computer without having to remove the card.
An RCA video-out port allows the live video feed to be sent to an external monitor or recording device. The status of the monocular is displayed on the LCD screen in the field of view. The icons can be disabled for an unobstructed view. Icons show battery level, zoom factor, IR and image brightness settings, if a memory card isn’t detected, elapsed and remaining recording time, and the number of pictures you can take based on the available memory.
The Bushnell Equinox Z range is a great place to start with affordable and high quality night vision optics. You’ll be amazing at the clarity of image in low light and pitch black conditions, allowing you to see into the night quickly, easily and without breaking the bank. The Equinox range is versatile enough that you can comfortably watch the hedgehog bumbling over the lawn, the fox and deer in the fields or the badger in the woodlands – all without any disturbance.
Click on the tab above for a full list of the Bushnell Equinox Z 4.5×40’s features.
- 4.5x optical magnification
- Digital zoom from 5 to 13.5x
- 40mm objective lens
- Fully multicoated optics increases light transmission and decreases glare
- 28.5′ field of view at 1000 yards
Digital Night Vision:
- Infrared sensitive CMOS sensor
- Built-in IR illuminator with three adjustable intensity levels
- Maximum viewing range of 750′ with illuminator on maximum
- Digital image displayed on a micro LCD screen
- Display shows color images during day, and switches to B/W at night for greater contrast
- Three adjustable image brightness levels accommodates different lighting conditions
Photo – Video Capabilities:
- RCA video-out port for live-view or recording to external devices
- 640×480 video resolution, NTSC/PAL
- Still images: 640×480 resolution in JPEG format
- Save photo/videos to micro-SD card, up to 32GB
- USB port to connect a USB cable to download photos/videos without removing the memory card
Use and Handling:
- Auto-off after 10 minutes if no buttons have been pressed
- Display icons to show digital zoom, IR setting, battery level, image brightness setting, SD card detected, Elapsed and remaining recording time, and available photo count
- IPX4 rated, water-resistant
- Built-in side Picatinny rail to attach accessories like IR illuminators
- 1/4″”-20 tripod mount