Browning Recon Force 4K
Finally, a true 4K trail camera is available; the Browning Recon Force 4K.
Featuring true 4K UHD video recording capability at 24fps, it also has the ability to capture still images at 32MP.
And there are no sacrifices – the Recon Force 4K still has the fast video trigger speeds we have grown to expect from Browning Trail Cameras, at approx. 0.4 seconds.
This highly-anticipated 4K camera trap also has a built-in 2 inch colour screen, smart IR video, a strong flash range and a very quick recovery time.
Because file sizes are large at 4K resolution, it also has compatibility with up to 512GB SD cards.
4K video is recorded at 24 frames per second, and if you turn the resolution to ‘Ultra’ it switches to 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second. Setting the resolution at ‘High’ gives 1080p resolution at 30 frames per second, for smaller file sizes.
The 24fps is surprisingly smooth, and the quality very impressive. This is the first 4K trail camera to record in frame rates higher than 15fps.
The LEDs are low-glow and have an impressive max. range of about 100ft, though we always recommend using the camera within 40ft of your target area for best results. The camera has a setting which allows you to tweak the IR flash based on your requirements. The Browning Recon Force 4K can detect movement out to about 80ft.
The forward-facing colour screen not only lets you view the images/videos captured, but is invaluable during set up as it shows exactly what the camera can see – so if you’ve set it too high, a look at the screen will tell you and you can then adjust.
An exciting innovation from Browning is ‘Smart IR Video’ – this means that the camera will continue recording video footage for up to 5 minutes during the daytime and up to 20 seconds at night as long as the wildlife/people continue to move in front of the camera. So if you’re worried about video length vs. battery life, this feature takes that concern off your hands.
One interesting feature on the Recon Force 4K is being able to select how many images you want the camera to take per trigger. You can select either Multi-shot, which takes up to 8 images at 3 second intervals, or Rapid Fire, which can take up to 8 images at 0.3 seconds apart.
The Browning Recon Force 4K is powered by 8 AA batteries (not provided), and now has the ability to use an SD card up to 512GB – unprecedented in camera trapping. The Recon Force 4K also has a SD management option which will overwrite the oldest recordings/photos once the SD card fills.
The Browning Recon Force 4K is supplied with a 2 year warranty when bought through NatureSpy. Browning are an American company; but if anything goes wrong with your camera, we’ll deal with all warranty returns here in the UK. We’ll never ask you to send your Browning camera trap direct to the manufacturer.Browning Recon Force 4K features:
- 32MP images (interpolated)
- 2” Color Viewing Screen
- Video Options: 4K [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Video Sound
- Adjustable Trigger Speed (0.4 – 0.7 seconds)
- 100 ft. Flash Range
- Adjustable Detection Range up to 80 ft.
- Adjustable IR Flash (Power Save, Long Range)
- Smart IR Video
- SD Card Management Options (when turned on, when the SD card gets full it rewrites over the oldest images/videos)
- Supports up to 512GB SDXC Memory Card (not included)
- Camo Finish
- Battery Meter Functions with Alkaline and Lithium Batteries
- Infrared LED Illumination at Night
- Compact Case Size 5” x 4” x 2.5”
- Timelapse Plus Camera Mode, with Infrared Triggered Pictures
- 0.6 Second Recovery Time Between Images
- Long battery Life from 8 AA Batteries (not included)
- Up to 8 Multi Shot Images
- Up to 8 Rapid Fire Images
- Built in Metal Tree Bracket
- 12 volt External Power Jack
- USB Port
- Picture info bar displays: Time, Date, Temperature, Moon Phase, Camera ID
- Programmable Picture Delay (1 sec. – 60 min.)
- ¼” -20 Tripod Socket
- Compatible with Browning Buck Watch Timelapse Viewer Software
- Weather proof
- 2 year warranty when bought through NatureSpy
For full specs, click the tab above.