SpyPoint Link Dark 4G…
SpyPoint camera traps have a strong history of innovation, and the Link Dark comes with a pre-activated ready-to-go SIM card, and all settings/configurations can be set via the free SpyPoint LINK app.
The main advantages of this camera are the much lower cost compared to the Link-S, with much the same features; very fast photo trigger speed, colour screen for set up and review, GPS Geotagging and same image resolution. So if you don’t need an inbuilt solar panel, this might be the wireless camera for you.
The Link-Dark also has no-glow LEDs which the other SpyPoint Link cameras do not have – an important feature if using for security purposes. Image transmission is fast when signal is good – generally 10 seconds to 1 minute from the time the picture is taken.
Photos taken by the camera are automatically uploaded to the cloud, and accessible via the mySpyPoint app (iOS and Android), or myspypoint.com. You can also set the app to ping your phone when a new photo is uploaded – so you get real time updates.
Even better is that there is a free monthly option that allows you to view 100 pictures every month, and for the first 30 days you get unlimited photos free. After the first 30 days, and if needing more than 100 photos per month you’ll need to to choose a paid plan – which are very affordable – especially bearing in mind that there is nothing to pay to any network provider like there is with other wireless cameras. So essentially if you only need 100 pictures per month, there is no ongoing cost with this wireless camera – for the first time in the UK.
Plan options are (prices are in Euros);
- Free plan = 100 photos/month (photos available online for 7 days, can be downloaded)
- €5 per month (annual) = 250 photos/month (photos available online for 7 days, can be downloaded)
- €15 per month (annual) = unlimited photos/month (unlimited photo availability, can be downloaded)
- €25 per month (monthly) = unlimited photos/month (unlimited photo availability, can be downloaded)
The camera also records the hi-res versions of the photos to it’s SD card, so they can be retrieved if no longer available online.Example SpyPoint Link Dark images (as transmitted to the app):
In the UK, the Link-Dark will use the o2 (Telefonica) network (although you’ll never need to do anything with them) – therefore it is important to ensure you have o2 signal where you plan on using the camera (check o2 coverage here).
Battery life, from 8x AA lithium batteries (not included), will be approximately 2 months when taking around 30 pictures every 24 hours. For a wireless 4G camera that is very respectable.
The SpyPoint Link Dark also has a market-leading trigger speed – approx 0.07 seconds for photos. 4G network speeds mean very fast transmission the the mySpyPoint cloud.
The Spypoint Link-Dark also has a curved motion sensor which improves the detection angle and detecting distance of its five detection zones.
SpyPoint Link Dark features:
- 12MP resolution still images
- High-quality HD Video – 1280 x 720 pixels (non-wireless)
- 42 No-Glow LEDs
- Built-in 2″ colour screen
- 0.07 second trigger speed (photos)
- Programmable trigger interval: Instant to 30 min.
- Multi-image mode: 1-6 images per trigger
- Video length: 10 second to 90 seconds, programmable (non-wireless)
- Time-lapse mode
- Time stamp on photos – Temp (C or F), date, time and moonstamp
- PIR sensor is motion activated out to 60′
- Adjustable web belt and 1/4-20 socket
- SD card slot – up to 32GB (not included)
- 8x AA batteries (not included)
- 2 year warranty (UK – 1 year International)
For full specs, click the tab above.