SpyPoint Link-S 4G…
The SpyPoint Link-S 4G wireless camera trap combines the SpyPoint Solar camera with an affordable and fast wireless capability.
SpyPoint camera traps have a strong history of innovation, and the Link-S comes with a pre-activated ready-to-go SIM card, and all settings/configurations can be set via the free SpyPoint LINK app.
Photos taken by the camera are automatically uploaded to the cloud, and accessible via the mySpyPoint app (iOS and Android), or myspypoint.com. You can also set the app to ping your phone when a new photo is uploaded – so you get real time updates.
Even better is that there is a free monthly option that allows you to view 100 pictures every month, and for the first 30 days you get unlimited photos free. After the first 30 days, and if needing more than 100 photos per month you’ll need to to choose a paid plan – which are very affordable – especially bearing in mind that there is nothing to pay to any network provider like there is with other wireless cameras. So essentially if you only need 100 pictures per month, there is no ongoing cost with this wireless camera – for the first time in the UK.
Plan options are (prices are in Euros);
- Free plan = 100 photos/month (photos available online for 7 days, can be downloaded)
- €5 per month (annual) = 250 photos/month (photos available online for 7 days, can be downloaded)
- €15 per month (annual) = unlimited photos/month (unlimited photo availability, can be downloaded)
- €25 per month (monthly) = unlimited photos/month (unlimited photo availability, can be downloaded)
The main differences between the Link-Evo and the Link-S are that the Link-S has a faster trigger speed (0.07 seconds), super low-glow LEDs (as opposed the Link-Evo’s low glow), an in-built colour screen for set up, and a slightly larger IR flash range. Another key difference is that the Link-S has a GPS transmitter inside – so it can report it’s location when turned on.
The camera also records the hi-res versions of the photos to it’s SD card, so they can be retrieved if no longer available online.
In the UK, the camera will use the o2 (Telefonica) network (although you’ll never need to do anything with them) – therefore it is important to ensure you have o2 signal where you plan on using the camera (check o2 coverage here).
Battery life, from 8x AA lithium batteries (not included), will be approximately 2 months when taking around 30 pictures every 24 hours. For a wireless 4G camera that is very respectable. However – this camera also has a built-in solar panel, with internal lithium batteries. That essentially means you won’t generally even need to think about battery life with this camera, unless under very heavy usage (100s of pictures a day).
The SpyPoint Link-S also has a market-leading trigger speed – approx 0.07 seconds for photos. 4G network speeds mean very fast transmission the the mySpyPoint cloud.
The SpyPoint Link-S promo video gives you an idea of what to expect…
The Spypoint Link-S also has a curved motion sensor which improves the detection angle and detecting distance of its five detection zones.
SpyPoint Link S features:
- 12MP resolution still images
- High-quality HD Video – 1280 x 720 pixels (non-wireless)
- 42 Low-Glow LEDs
- Built-in 2″ colour screen
- 0.07 second trigger speed (photos)
- Programmable trigger interval: Instant to 30 min.
- Multi-image mode: 1-6 images per trigger
- Video length: 10 second to 90 seconds, programmable (non-wireless)
- Time-lapse mode
- Time stamp on photos – Temp (C or F), date, time and moonstamp
- PIR sensor is motion activated out to 60′
- Adjustable web belt and 1/4-20 socket
- SD card slot – up to 32GB (not included)
- 8x AA batteries (not included)
- Built-in solar panel
- 2 year warranty (UK – 1 year International)
For full specs, click the tab above.