NatureSpy (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. It is very important to us and we respect anyone’s concerns about maintaining it.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
NatureSpy does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. This information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent unless required by law.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us to do so);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained below but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes;
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Personal Information About Customers Do We Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at shop.naturespy.org.
Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, fulfilling orders, customising future shopping for you, improving our store features, and communication with you.
This information can include;
- Business/company name;
- Job title;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code and delivery preferences;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, like many web sites, we sometimes use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website.
To help us make e-mails more productive to improve service and your shopping experience, we sometimes send you newsletters of our services and products, notifications of changes to our policies, and order confirmations. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, other than order notifications and receipts, please adjust your “Subscription” preferences by logging into your account.
What About Cookies?
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to any advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by turning cookies off in the bottom left-hand corner of our website.
We also use third party cookies in some areas of the site. This site does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these;
- YouTube; this site embeds YouTube videos. This may set cookies on your computer, particularly if you are logged into a Google or YouTube account. To find out more, please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
How does NatureSpy use my data?
We respect your privacy and appreciate your business. We deal with nearly all orders entirely in house, but occasionally work with retail partners to fulfil your orders. At no time do we ever provide your account contact or payment information to any third party vendor, associate or service provider unless absolutely necessary in order to complete your transaction and order.
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary considering the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to our site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying our products and services to you (please note that we require your personal data to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
- We will NOT send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Personal data and recently viewed pages are kept for 90 days where no purchase is made, your saved Cart will be kept for 1 year;
- Personal data is kept for an undefined period when you have made a purchase and created an account. We record your purchase history, for product warranty, and personal data for ease of site use.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information at all times. When paying via Credit/Debit card, all transactions are processed through HandePay via EvoBank, a market-leading company who specifically deal in secure card transactions. These companies also are fully GDPR compliant. NatureSpy and HandePay use encryption technology to ensure that your details are 100% secure. Shop.naturespy.org does not deal directly with your card or bank account details at any point.
If you pay by bank transfer into our bank account, our bank keeps a record of that transaction. No other details are stored other than for order fulfilment.
Your Right to Withhold Information
Which Information Can I Access?
NatureSpy.org and shop.naturespy.org gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
Our us of Cookies
A cookie is a small text file that’s placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device when you visit Our site. We, our affiliates, partners and third-party service providers, may use different types of cookies.
Some persist for an extended period of time, whilst others expire when you close your web browser (such as a session ID cookie)
All Cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a popup requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you.
You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of our site may not function fully or as intended.
Certain features of our site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”.
You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below, but please be aware that our site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways.
For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track such things as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit, this helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you. Our site uses analytics services provided by Google and Facebook. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our site and the products offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our site, it does enable us to continually improve our site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access our site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
You will not be able to opt-out of any cookies or other technologies that are “strictly necessary” for our services.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-todate and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit shop.naturespy.org, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms & Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the UK. If you have any concern about privacy of your personal information as used and collected within our website, please send us a thorough description by through the Contact page, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and Terms & Conditions will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information You Give Us
You provide information when you search, buy, order, post reviews, or other methods of communication via our website or email. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers.